We are often asked questions by people who are interested in our plumbing services. Here are some of the questions that we are most commonly faced with, so hopefully any queries you have are covered here. If you want any further information, don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 0208 050 2707.
What plumbing services do you offer?
We can provide a range of plumbing solutions. Our plumbers can help anyone who has leaking pipes, a broken toilet, blocked sinks, or needs a washing machine installed. We can also resolve several other plumbing issues too, from soil stacks to broken showers.
Why should I choose Bromley Plumbers Ltd?
We are proud to say that we are experienced, responsive, knowledgeable, and transparent. Our team always provide a complete service, meeting all our customers’ requirements during the jobs we take on. With more than 100 years of combined experience, you can rely on our expertise. We always arrive promptly to carry out our work and will keep you completely informed throughout the process, never hiding any costs.
Do you provide emergency plumbing services?
Our team are on hand to respond quickly to any plumbing emergency. Contact us and we will provide an urgent solution as soon as possible. Our extensive experience enables us to think rationally during any emergency, as we have seen all there is to see and have provided fantastic solutions in the past. In the case of an emergency, we combine a rapid response with excellent value.
Do you charge for a callout?
No, we do not charge for callouts, and we only send someone to you if we think it will be necessary. However, we do have a minimum charge of an hour that will apply to the investigation or repair of your plumbing issue. You can rest assured that you will receive fantastic value for money when you work with Bromley Plumbers Ltd.
Are there any guarantees for your work?
We offer a 1-year guarantee for all our work, except drainage. The materials that we use are subject to a 20% mark up and VAT. We want our customers to be confident in the quality of work that we provide, which is why we introduced our guarantee.
How do I pay for your services?
We want the payment process to be straightforward for our customers. Upon completion of the required work at your property, you will receive an invoice to pay by card.
What do plumbers do?
Here at Bromley Plumbers Ltd, we specialise in a range of plumbing services. Plumbers like us have the expertise to covers any issues relating to the plumbing system in your property. These can include burst pipes, toilet problems, broken showers, blocked sinks, and leaks. We can also carry out other services, such as washing machine and dishwasher installation.
What are the most common plumbing problems?
There is a range of plumbing problems that we regularly encounter, from blocked toilets to leaking pipes. These issues can differ in size and complexity. No matter the issue that has arisen at your property, we will come to provide an effective solution as soon as you need us.
Is there anything I can do if I get a water leak?
A water leak can cause damage to your property. To reduce the risk of this happening you should turn off your mains water supply at the stopcock. This is a valve that controls the flow of water into your property and can usually be found under the kitchen sink. It’s worth familiarising yourself with the location of this stopcock so that you can find it quickly when you need to.
How do you find a water leak?
There are a few steps that you can take to discover a water leak in your property. Take a look and see what to do if you suspect there is a leak in your home:
- Firstly, find your water meter. It can usually be found outside your home in the pavement near your property, or it could be in the garden.
- Make sure that nothing is currently drawing water from your pipework, such as a dishwasher or washing machine.
- Wait for 15 minutes to ensure that water is not still being consumed anywhere in your home.
- Check your meter. If the meter dial is moving this could be a sign that there is a leak in your pipework.
- Perform a snap test to determine where the leak is.
- Locate your stopcock, which can usually be found under the kitchen sink.
- Turn off the stopcock and check to ensure that there is no water running from the taps.
- Check the water meter again. If the red dial is still moving, then the leak could be between the stopcock and the meter.
- If the red dial is no longer moving, then it is likely that the leak is in the pipework within your property.
- You can then call us on 0208 050 2707 and we will come to investigate the leak and provide a solution.
What should I do if I have a burst pipe?
A burst pipe is a water emergency, but it is important that you do not panic. Follow these steps as soon as you discover a burst pipe:
- Go to your stopcock, usually located beneath the kitchen sink, and turn off your water supply.
- Turn on all your cold taps – this will drain the cold water from your system.
- Switch off your central heating system and all other water heating systems, such as immersion heaters. Then turn on all the hot taps to drain any hot water from your system.
- Cut off your electricity supply at the mains as soon as possible, especially if water is leaking anywhere near an electrical appliance.
- Give us a call on 0208 050 2707 and we’ll come to fix any damage.
How can I prevent frozen pipes?
Nobody wants to discover that their pipes have frozen. That’s why we have listed a couple of preventative measures that you can take to avoid this misfortune.
- Ensure that your pipes and water tanks are well insulated, especially if they are in colder areas such as the loft or basement. This will reduce the risk of them freezing and can also save you money.
- Leave your heating on low when you go away. This will reduce the risk of your pipes freezing as there will always be hot water running through them.